Saturday, February 19, 2005

A Random Composition


I am a shadow in the corner
of the room: insignificant,
lying there, for I cannot
stand alone/ by myself.
"I'm not lying when I say
I tried." *(1)
-----
Flying in the sky, a black
raven, feathers tinted with
metallic blue, does plummet
towards its temporary
immortality- about to meet
the inevitable: that which
comes to all beings.
-----
"Falling rain will shatter/ fragile illusions of grandeur.
shards are falling from the mirror/ to become a pool of mercury.
Sliding smoothly across the ground/ giving an image of delicacy." *(2)
-----
"Pick a daisy dancing in the moonlight/ it won't hurt you.
The daisy's screams:/ silent, lost to you." *(3)
-----
Facades fade away,
leaving the truth lying there:
naked, observed by all. A
bitter sun shining down on a
barren, desolate land.
-----
I see you walk away,
to meld your colors with
those of the sun, setting on the horizon-
"I wonder if you'll come back;
I trust only that you'll leave." *(4)
" I'm not lying when I say...
I tried." *(1)
---------------------------
*---
1: Quote from Hard Love, by Ellen Wittlinger
2: Quote from "Thermometer," by Julie Pyle
3: Quote from "Thermometer," by Julie Pyle
4: Quote from Hard Love, by Ellen Wittlinger

©Julie Pyle, 2005

No comments: