
Fallen
I wait, as always, in silent, eager
anticipation of your return. With
out you, I have fallen, and my wings
have no more will to beat, to rise
above the tempestruous winds that
rock and shake my world. I sit here
on this lifeless, moss-covered tree
that has fallen on the place where
we met so long ago, and there was
only dust. But now there is only me
and I wonder if you chose to not
return, or if there were forces out of
your control. But the rose you left
on my pillow gave contriversy wings
with which to fly through my mind. A
poison stronger than Romeo's if there
ever was one. Yes, my broken piece
of insanity was a stare that haunts
me to this day. And when I think
of you, and the nights we spent
just looking into one another's eyes,
past the lies and the deceit, and
the rules and the conformity, into
a depth we never knew we posessed
in ourselves, let alone one another,
it makes me wonder whom knew the
other better. But the answer to that,
lies only in my dreams of you, and
the light i saw in your soul the night
we made our last true flight.
©Julie Pyle, 2005
No comments:
Post a Comment