Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Emblematic Silence II













Forgive me in my failure,
bound to me like my shadow,
Following me incessantly.
You're so unempathetic,
you don't even know
why you're crying in your dreams.
and yet you stand to accuse me
of being too human.
Do you really believe I would shed
my skin for the sake of the
machine you want me to be?
My mistaken innocence, you
forget what it is like to feel.
Through all my faults, I have
found perfection, of which you
could only yearn for. You
hate me, in spite of your delirium.
You never miss a chance to strike
me down as I reach to touch the sky.
And even if I did perfect your
mindless tasks, it wouldn't matter.
Your corruption in my brain was
thorough. Digging into my insanity,
to rip and tear it to shreds of
unfathomable miniscuity. Because
you loathe me, for I was all you
ever wanted, but all i ever hoped for
was the void.

Copyright © 2005 Julie Pyle. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: