
INTRICACIES
Wandering through this life,
yearning to see beyond the red satin scarf
they have bound before my eyes,
to keep me ignorant and unaware
of all the things waiting to be seen.
Star so light, star so bright,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
have my one true love in my sight.
We drank wine, delicious like
the passion we shared in our
devotion to each other- transcending
space and time, and limitations
of the mind, to rise above the sky,
and go further than the sunset,
past night and day, and dusk and
twilight, just to finally be.
The white rose you left on my pillow
is bleeding red, and burning black.
Its purpose was lost the moment you
let it float from your fingertips to rest
beside my cheek which you had so
gently stroked the previous night.
As you left the doorstep, everything
burst into flames and crumbled down,
to surround me with ashes and dust,
and leaving only haunting memories of
what once stood on this empty plot.
There were no tears when I discovered
your Absence: I was too disbelieving.
And so, I crawled into the corner of the
room, and wait in silent apprehension
for your return, though i know it is no
longer possible, and will wait for you
for the rest of my eternity and beyond.
©Julie Pyle, 2005
No comments:
Post a Comment