Feel me here
in your arms.
The ghost of my soul
tethered in this world,
lost for loving you.
You shattered me,
then built me back better
than ever before.
Then broke me again,
and left me
in pieces.
All I ever wanted
was held in your eyes:
a promise so delicate
and fragile
and innocent,
it was swept away
by the breath of a butterfly.
And yet as you walked away
into the mist that night,
your shadow lingered behind you,
as if in remorse.
A remnant of a kiss so pure,
it left me shaking,
and wondering what else
was hidden under your
seemingly rotten core.
Lifting me up to touch the sky,
you swore you’d never let me fall,
and I believed you-
only to find I’d been held aloft
in a dream.
And as the dawn opened my eyes,
I fell back into the memories of you:
an ache so sweet
I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment