Thursday, December 4, 2008

Waiting for the Dawn

{Just a song I wrote this morning while I was on adderall. Took me about 2 hours to get it, and 2 more hours for me to be satisfied changing "the"s to "this"s and "it"s to "that"s... yeah. Anyway: enjoy...}

-Verse 1-
Dusk falls now/ Can you feel it?
The darkness is growing inside of me.
I don't know/ where the sun is
Anymore.
Take my hand/ and lead me
Back to the horizon.
So that I/ can feel
Again.

-Pre-Chorus 1-
This is not/ what I wanted in life.
This is not/ what I hoped for, my love.
Take me back/ to a happier time.
Back to be/fore the storm.

-Chorus-
Cuz I'm/ so filled up/ with this emptinesss inside
And I don't/ quite know how/ to go on.
I may/ not keep all/ of the pieces together
Long enough/ to see
The dawn.

-Verse 2-
My heart aches/ with a sorrow
Too deep to be consoled
My soul tires/ of this endless
Endless night.
My mind fights/ against the
Depression and anger.
My body's weak/ from this
Constant plight, oh yeah.

-Pre-Chorus 2-
I just want/ to feel complete again.
I just want/ to be whole.
But this can't go/ on much longer for me-
Fraying threads/ do not hold.

-Chorus-
And I'm/ so fed up/ with the emptiness inside
And I don't/ quite know how/ to go on.
I may/not keep all/ of the pieces together
Long enough/ to see/ the day break...

-Bridge-
Help me/ put all of the/ broken shards together.
Help me/ to right/ what is so wrong.
I know/ there has to be/ something that is better
If I/ can just stay strong/ through this.

-Chorus-
But I'm/ so fed up/ with the emptiness inside
And I don't/ quite know how/ to go on.
I may/ not keep all/ of the pieces together
Long enough/ to see/ the dawn...
This/ flawed facade/ won't sustain me forever
And I can't/ truly live/ til it's gone.
So I'm sear/ching for the/ peace my spirit's been craving
So that I... might... see... the... dawn.
I want... to see... the dawn.

No comments: