Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I'm leaving...


















Like the tears that flow down my face,
crimson drops flow unchecked from my arm.
I can't take this never-ceasing nightmare.
All this darkness covering me-
can't wash it away with my tears or my b1ood,
God knows I've tried.
Can't wish it away with broken dreams
or thoughts to the 'star so light, star so bright.'
Can't scratch away this meager existence,
can't hope it will just fade away.
Can't scream it away- I have spent
so many nights trying.
I can't reach escape velocity, no matter what I try.
Still I am tethered here to this painful semi-life.
And try to smother these feelings of despair
with dru9s. But then the garden gnomes
just break my fairy's wings with stones and sticks.
And words grind into my head-
you can end it all now.
But as I look down at the scattered shards of the mirror,
I see the grl that hides behind my broken reflection's eyes,
and I find that she has done it for me.

©Julie Pyle, 2005

And so I bid you good night and dreamless slumber.

No comments: