Thursday, July 7, 2005

Rendered Heartless

My broken piece of insanity has wrought
pain and despair throughout the land.
Corrupted the sun to shine
on the dark side of the moon.
Renegade dreams flit through the haze
of the fog that clouds your heart.
As an aseptic void fills the spot
where you once thought you had a soul.
Beautiful anathemas dance at Laughlin while
sanguine night clouds obliterate the moon.
My last resort was a bottle of pi11s
laid down tenderly on my pillow.
The red will always remind me of
how you came to me out of the darkness.
My love took one last breath, and
dove into the unforgiving sea.
Tears shed in the salty water
cannot be distinguished for what they are.
Someday, after our darkest hour,
I will run away from you- and hide in shadows.
This disorder that comforts my tormented mind
will dance behind my eyes with no shame.
Forgive me if I thank you for bringing me my demise-
you see- I've yearned for it since I d1ed last night.
Can you restart my heart?- beating
its crimson drops to my comatose sanity?
I chose not to awaken from this nightmare-
my alternate world eclipsing all the pain.
As wolves in sheep's clothing bring about
victorious defeats the night i lost you.
My forgetful memories toast to me
with their half-filled w1ne glasses.
Dreamless slumber, my darling-
I'm dy1ng again...

©Julie Pyle, 2005

2 comments:

Aiedail said...

and i think you mean patience- not patients- i wouldn't trust myself with my own patients- god- i can't trust myself with... myself!

and yes- i still h8 my poems- just... maybe not this one as much. it's ok in my mind- which is saying a lot.

Aiedail said...

are you sure i wouldnt put them on ac1d or something??? or perhaps- treat them like bunnies???