
My b1ood saturates the sands of time,
clotting my life's hourglass- stopping my life.
Drifting between a state of life and de@th,
my comatose soul slowly suffocating.
Gasping for the air to sustain it
in this cold and empty world of water-
unfeeling, unknowing, drowning you unmercifully.
I slit my heart open for peace,
yet only found puddles of pain.
Standing in the middle of a crowded room,
dancing to the rhythm of the rain.
But I am so alone.
Getting high on emotions run askance,
my fraudulent dreams leading me to a mirror.
Look at my reflection, this broken down thing.
wipe the dirt away, wipe the soot away.
Take me back to what I once was.
My original wide-eyed innocence.
Rather than a disbeliever, smoking weed,
and lying to lovers- I've never met anyone like you.
Spinning in the rain, with
ruby slippers, and a black mini-dress.
Room filled with clouds, and bed-
covered with teddy bears.
This deceit you see, now
beats inside of me- through my veins
and my brain...
To slip inbetween the veils that separate
this world from the next.
My dimmension has warped and rather than
occupying my mind, my mind occupies it.
Floating distant, to become a memory
from 1763. And always, always,
those silver screens of my godesses tv.
©Julie Pyle, 2005
1 comment:
dude- i dont even have any big words in this one! dont expect a happy one- they are always reminiscent, dreamy, sad, depressed, or just plain weird. get used to it.
Post a Comment