When did breathing become
so hard- a conscious effort
to do a natural thing.
When did this heart
start bleeding?
When did all the
things and people
take over my life so
completely
that I got shoved out
the back door and into
this dark, cold, wet alley?
When did I become
so alone?
I miss those midnight
thunderstorms, with the
blue-gray skies, and your
blue-gray eyes that gave me
hope. Clouds washed away
by the cool rain to reveal
a starry sky, by which
to make a wish. "Star
light, star bright," and when
I opened my eyes, you were
gone from my sight. Another
shadow in my mind. Another
scar on my heart. One of the
many scars I possess. I can't
even differentiate anymore.
But differentiating is so easy
If only life were Calculus,
maybe I would pass. But no-
there are no easy equations,
no simple ways to solve
this algorithm of life. You
live and you thrive, smoke
weed to survive.You move
and you deal, keep lies to
reveal. Your thoughts start
to race, dreaming of your
embrace. And sometimes
you even breathe...
an escape so exquisite
it intoxicates your mind
and you try to find time
to leave it all behind.
Meditation here, a
pill there, then you're
walking on air. And
you just want to
stop and see...
that maybe this pain,
isn't all there is for me.
so hard- a conscious effort
to do a natural thing.
When did this heart
start bleeding?
When did all the
things and people
take over my life so
completely
that I got shoved out
the back door and into
this dark, cold, wet alley?
When did I become
so alone?
I miss those midnight
thunderstorms, with the
blue-gray skies, and your
blue-gray eyes that gave me
hope. Clouds washed away
by the cool rain to reveal
a starry sky, by which
to make a wish. "Star
light, star bright," and when
I opened my eyes, you were
gone from my sight. Another
shadow in my mind. Another
scar on my heart. One of the
many scars I possess. I can't
even differentiate anymore.
But differentiating is so easy
If only life were Calculus,
maybe I would pass. But no-
there are no easy equations,
no simple ways to solve
this algorithm of life. You
live and you thrive, smoke
weed to survive.You move
and you deal, keep lies to
reveal. Your thoughts start
to race, dreaming of your
embrace. And sometimes
you even breathe...
an escape so exquisite
it intoxicates your mind
and you try to find time
to leave it all behind.
Meditation here, a
pill there, then you're
walking on air. And
you just want to
stop and see...
that maybe this pain,
isn't all there is for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment