Thursday, December 30, 2004

The First out of Many

Last night was, what I hope, the first out of many sleepovers with Jesal, Rachel, and Ari. I already posted some stuff last night, but I feel the need to include more. Well, we went to the mall, and ended up seeing Sean Ott. That was fun. The we went to the movie, which was okay i guess. Then we came home. That was where the fun began. Everyone else ate spaghetti, but I wasn't really in the mood for it. I was trying to figure out one of the new Evanescence songs on the piano. I did, eventually. I think that everyone said it sounded good. Anyway, then we went to my room and talked. Well... they talked, I listened and added the random and/or stupid comment. We/they actually got into some interesting topics. I actually learned a lot about them last night, and myself, really. I saw a little bit of me in each of them, or maybe it was a little of them into me. Not quite sure, but that was cool in any case.

Jesal talked a lot about some of the things that she has been going through lately. I won't mention them specifically here to respect her privacy, but it has to do with change, and not necessarily not wanting it, but not NOT wanting it either. I thought that I knew her pretty well, but last night I found out that i still have a lot to learn. But that's a good thing, I think that if you learned everything about someone, the discovery and the excitement would go out of the friendship pretty quickly. Not that I'd ever claim to know someone, but know about them.
Rachel I found out I have a lot in common with. I already knew some of it, but we share a lot of views and ideas about ourselves, the world, life in general. I wish I hadn't been sick from all the alcohol, or i would've talked to her more. Next time I won't drink as much. But i really feel that we relate a ton. We've gone through a lot of the same stuff, and have the same opinions about them, so that's good. I hope I just don't end up knowing her too well.
Ari- hmm. What can I say about her? She's my best friend in Mills, is in my top ten friends in the whole wide world... and she's transferring schools. I'm just trying to enjoy the time I have with her now, and I know we won't stop seeing each other, but it will be harder to keep track. Oh well, we'll just have to plan more sleepovers like this!!! : }
Me, i have some really good friends with whom I can have fun with as long as I'm sober and not puking my guts out into the toilet. We relate, I got a chance to compare their experiences with mine and ask their opinion, and ended up discovering a new way to see things and different options I can make.
I love sleepovers.

No comments: